Directory of links
Dictionaries and translators
- Diccionario de la Lengua Española. Online version of the dictionary of Real Academia Española.
- Diccionari de la llengua catalana multilingüe. A multilingual dictionary: Spanish, Catalan, English, French, and German.
- Lucy Software. The unique combination of skills and technologies offered by Lucy Software and Services enables you to efficiently solve your language and translation-related business challenges for global business success.
- Wikipedia. The project of free encyclopedia in Spanish language, it started in May 20th 2001, and now it has 654.785 articles.
- Catàleg Col·lectiu de les Universitats de Catalunya. Libraries of several universities of Catalonia plus other institutions like Institut Cartogràfic de Catalunya, Arxiu Històric de la Ciutat de Barcelona, and Casa Amèrica Catalunya.
- George A. Smathers Libraries. Library of the University of Florida.
- Theses and Dissertations Online. TDX (Theses and Dissertations Online) is a digital cooperative repository of doctoral theses presented at some Spanish universities. It allows for remote consultation of the complete text of theses over the Internet, additionally allowing the user to construct searches by author, advisor, title, knowledge area, university and department of publication, year of defense, etc. This repository, managed by the Consortium of University Libraries of Catalonia (CBUC) and the Supercomputing Centre of Catalonia (CESCA), and sponsored by the Generalitat (government) of Catalonia, has the following goals: to publicise, around the world and on the Internet, the results of university research; to offer the authors of theses a tool to increase public access to their work, enhancing its visibility; to improve the cataloguing and bibliographic processes; to encourage electronic publishing and the use of digital libraries; and to stimulate scientific productivity.
University of Florida
- Center for European Studies. The Center for European Studies (CES), housed within the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) at the University of Florida (UF), is a Title VI National Resource Center funded in part by the US Department of Education. CES was created in 2003 and is currently one of just ten Europe/West Europe Title VI Centers in the country.
- Center for Latin American Studies. The Center’s mission is to advance knowledge about Latin America and the Caribbean and its peoples throughout the Hemisphere, and to enhance the scope and quality of research, teaching, and outreach in Latin American, Caribbean and Latino Studies at the University of Florida.
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Florida is the largest college on campus, with more than 700 faculty members responsible for teaching the majority of the university's core curriculum to at least 35,000 students each year.
- Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies. The Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies endeavors to achieve excellence in research, teaching and public service related to the languages, literatures, and cultures of the areas and countries where Spanish and Portuguese are spoken. Associated languages and cultures such as Catalan or any other the faculty may determine, also fall under the departmental purview. Research, teaching, and service are mutually enriching activities through which we achieve our shared goals. The Department strives to maintain effective undergraduate and graduate programs of instruction whose quality is sustained by the constant intellectual and professional development of the Department's faculty, as well as by a strong commitment to service. Consistent with UF's mission statement, research should contribute "to the international public conversation about the advancement of knowledge."
- Insurance. For international students only, but usefull information anyway.
- International Students Services.
- Linguistics Department. We offer the Ph.D., M.A. (both thesis and non-thesis), B.A., and two undergraduate minors (the Linguistics minor and the TESL minor). TESL Certificates are offered at the undergraduate level, and SLAT certificates at the graduate level. We currently have 24 faculty (combining budgeted and affiliated from LLC & S&P), over 200 undergraduate majors and over 50 graduate students.
- University of Florida. The University of Florida (UF) is a major, public, comprehensive, land-grant, research university. The state's oldest and most comprehensive university, UF is among the nation's most academically diverse public universities. UF has a long history of established programs in international education, research and service. It is one of only 17 public, land-grant universities that belongs to the Association of American Universities.